Gin Rummy
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
whatever happened to being a good sport?

whatever happened to being a good sport?
Posted by Mrs_Incredible_1970 (VIP) May 12 2006 12:42AM

ok - so I'm playing here in rummy, and I click "continue" after laying down my winning hand. all of a sudden my opponent has "lost connection" - imagine that. Give me a break - even the computer agreed I won, when I clicked on "take a win", and I was awarded the tix. But that just steams me to no end - how cheesy, to try to get out of losing that ONE ticket just to save face? Don't you (and you know who I'm talking to) GET it that by doing that you make yourself look so awful and unsportsmanlike, that it doesn't save face at all. If you are about to lose or, in fact do lose, please bow out gracefully. I know not everyone has the decency to say "good game" or "thank you" - although it is nice to see proper etiquette in most cases. But for cryin out loud at least admit defeat instead of trying to work the system by "playing dead" so to speak. None of us are that stupid, and it really undermines the integrity of the game and all the players here. Luckily the table was only set at 1 min, so I didn't have to wait long. But i have played before where I actually had to wait the 5 min if I didn't want to resign and lose MY tickets just because of a sore loser. Enough said.......let me finish this off by extending my gratitude toward most of the players here who DO say hi and good luck, and thanks or good game, and are pleasant - this is a GAME people, it is supposed to be FUN. If you aren't having fun maybe you shouldn't play?

Posted by Carterofmars (VIP) May 13 2006 7:44AM

I really hate when people do that. It always happens at the end also..

whatever happened to being a good sport
Posted by moomster (VIP) May 13 2006 11:09AM

AMEN to that More Precious...it has happened to me too...last card..they lose, they leave...it is so silly...just a game but i guess some people just cant stand defeat. My only resolution is to just keep note of who they are and not play them again. Thanks for always being a good sport and great player.

Where'd they go ?
Posted by DottiPage (VIP) Jun 1 2006 11:42PM

Happened to me all day. I wondered if it affected the tix or winnings or rating . It never occurred to me they were just being bad sports.... What a hoot !

GC Store